Here’s my absolutely, positively, number one, sure-to-work, no-fail secret to my being happy, and it’s mind blowing: I must be grateful for what I have.
So this Thanksgiving, I would like to increase my happiness quotient by highlighting just a few of the things that I am grateful for this year.
- My Hubby – this guy has proven himself to be an excellent father, in addition to being a great husband, just like I knew he would be when I started dating him 13 years ago.
- Buddy Man – this guy! What can I say about him except it’s true: your life changes in so many ways, both expected and unexpected. It’s the unexpected ones that truly surprise me. I love this guy more and more in each day.
- My Parents – speaking of the Buddy Man, I could not raise my son half as well without the support that they give us. I truly appreciate my mother much more, being a mom myself. What she did for my sister and I, day-in and day-out, cannot be calculated or described.
- My Sister – another wonderful source of support during this new adventure I find myself in. I can’t even begin to thank her for everything that she has done for me this year.
- My New Brother – my sister got married this year! I absolutely love my new brother, a fellow reader! He’s awesome!
- My Mother-in-Law – Thanks for those much needed periods of restoration from the Buddy Man every week. Don’t know if I could make it without it.
- My Family and Friends – a special shout out to those who have especially supported me throughout this challenging year: Grandma, Mel, Nicole, Joy, Jamila, Domonique, Cindy, Mrs. Cort, and Erika.
- Challenge Groups and Team Beachbody – my Challenge Group peeps (Nicole, Jamila, Ciera, Aunt Libby) and the Beachbody Team – Randi and the 21 Day Fix program. I’m making progress to my fitness goals. Thanks for all of your support.
- Great Books – book have definitely kept me sane this year. There have been so many good ones but a few deserve a special mention this year: Nourished by Becky Johnson and Rachel Randolph; Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert; and Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin and her Four Tendencies Framework provided a, dare I say it, framework to make and continue some changes in my life. Life-changing!
- The Ability to Run – the other major thing that keeps me sane.
- And it’s always nice to take a hot shower after a run.
- And finally, all of you – the readers of my blog. Thank you so much!
“Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.”
– Dennis Prager
Happy Thanksgiving! enjoy life…
2 thoughts on “friday’s, uh, thursday’s “secret”: being grateful = being happy”
This was amazing! Thanks for the reminders of what really matters. Loved it!!!!!