I’m so excited to be linking up again with Leigh Kramer who does these wonderful round-ups called “What I’m Into” every month.
I hope every one had a Happy Thanksgiving! And speaking of thanksgiving, this month, I have been focusing on gratitude and appreciating the day-to-day experiences of my life.
- One of my favorite haunts on the web, Modern Mrs. Darcy (I mention her a lot don’t I?), posted an article about the Norwegians and winter. Read it here. Since I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder and dread the winter time, I am using the article’s content to help myself have an enjoyable Winter 2015/2016. Turns out it’s all about your attitude/mindset. Go figure, huh?
- And speaking of mindset, every November, I try to focus especially on the present things for which I am grateful. I highlighted a few this year here.
- I took a number of 5-mile walks this month in preparation for the Bridgestreet Half Marathon this April. The pic is from one of those beautiful walks. I am sure the walks are helping me stay sane. Gotta get my steps in!
- Doubling up recipes and freezing the extra is definitely keeping me sane this month. Chili, minestrone soup, potpie filling, homemade pizza crust, cornbread, and BBQ sauce all in my deep freezer in the garage. Sanity savers!
- Roma! This is a grain beverage, made with roasted malt barley with a touch of chicory and it doesn’t taste half bad. It’s the taste of coffee without the caffeine. And while I try to avoid caffeine as a general rule, while nursing Buddy Man, caffeine has been a strict no-no! Also, this is another great way to enjoy the cooler temps: warm beverages!
- Discovered a new YouTube channel and show called Dylan’s World, a delightful, refreshing, short, program for kids by kids. Buddy Man loves it! It’s the only show he’s into and thus, I’m into it. You can check it out here. It’s very good.
- Slowed my reading down considerably this month. More about that next Quick Lit.
- Although I didn’t listen to many podcast episodes this month, I did listen to a couple that featured Elizabeth Gilbert. I love the sound of her voice! Her writing is pretty good too. I have been listening to a lot more music recently with one particular album on repeat: Stone Rose by Ola Gjeilo. The music is lyrical piano and a mix between classical, jazz, and a little pop. Great music for introspection; very soothing and relaxing.
- Almost got sucked down the rabbit hole of The Good Wife and old episodes of The Amazing Race on Amazon Prime but I have managed to extricate myself from both of them. Just found out the old episodes of Survivor are available on CBS All Access. Oh boy! And who, along with me, is looking forward to the season 3 of HGTV’s Fixer Upper premiering December 1! Aren’t Chip and Joanna the bestest!?!?!?
What are you into that’s keeping you sane? Perhaps I should try it.