It is time for my annual list of very present things that I am grateful for this year. This year, I tried to make gratefulness more of a weekly practice than a yearly exercise I have compiled a lengthy list. Here are a few of the highlights.
- My Family. The Hubs, the Buddy Man, the Mother-in-Law, the parents, the sister and her family, the grandparents, all of the fam.
- My Friends. You know who you are.
- Anne Bogel. Being on the What Should I Read Next podcast and then ultimately becoming a part of her team are two dreams I didn’t dare to dream.
- My Home. After KonMari(ng) my home, I am grateful for and love it more than ever.
- The Modern Mrs. Darcy Inaugural Book Club Retreat. It’s awesome meeting people who have the same passions as I do.
- Lady Smith and Snail on the Wall books. Partnering with her has fulfilled so many dreams this year.
- Travel to places including Daytona Beach, FL for a personal writing retreat and my family’s first every vacay at the beach. Another dream come true.
- Books, books, and more books. Always books.
- Stepping outside of my comfort zone and doing things with fear. Wonderful things happened this year.
- And as for the not-so-wonderful things, what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.
And as always, I leave you with my favorite quote for this time of year.
Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.” -Dennis Prager
6 thoughts on “happy thanksgiving”
A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I, too, am grateful for you and all of the MMD Retreat women. Truly, we have had a blessed year this year. Kudos to you for #9! Doing things with fear can be so life-changing. I always need reminders to keep it up! 🙂
It was a pleasure meeting you, Susan in TX. Thank you for being here.
Happy Thanksgiving! True quote 🙌🏾
Thanks for reminding us to be ‘thankful always’.
You’re welcome. I’m reminding myself, also.