My reading has taken a back seat this month due to preparations for the wedding I helped coordinate. I did manage to finish three books, so I guess that’s not too bad. And I also completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge of reading 38 books this year.
- Shadow of the Night by Deborah Harkness. This is the second installment of the four books of that rabbit hole Leigh Kramer led me into. Must admit, I didn’t get any further with this one.
- Transformational Speaking by Gail Larsen. Still working through this one.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I have got to finish this one before the year is out.
- This Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide by Geneen Roth. I have enjoyed this one so much, I am currently going through it again. Geneen asks a lot of questions that I have been taking the time to journal my answers. Very eye-opening.
- Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson. This was a Rocket City Mom (RCM) Book Club pick. And boy! Was it a good one! It was humorous but poignant and very relevant for the times in which we find ourselves. Here’s the full review link in the RCM website.
- Indestructible: Leverage Your Broken Heart to Become a Force of Love & Change in the World by Allison Fallon. I had the pleasure of attending a workshop that Allison presented two years ago. She is one of the reasons that I began writing again. And her new book is a great read for anyone who is wanting the courage to listen to the voice within. I wrote a full review for the #write31days project: This Bookman: Meditations & Miscellany in October. Check it out.
So, what have you been reading this month?
Every month, I highlight what I’m reading in these posts: Quick Lit – Next Page Please. And per usual, I’m linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy. Head over there see what others are reading. Maybe you will find something that will pique your interests.