It’s that time again! My monthly What I’m Into post, linking up with Leigh Kramer.
So, I have been very busy this month-but not necessarily busy doing the fun things – I have been busy working my part-time job which, understandably, has taken some of the time that I use to have for the “fun” stuff. This month has been about adjusting and determining the balance that feels right for me, which is going to continue into April, I am sure. Anywho, here goes.
- My part-time position as Project Coordinator has been a two-fold sanity saver: it’s keeping me sane in that it is providing me an income stream that is helping tremendously with my level of financial anxiety and (2) it’s providing me with a much needed and appreciated sense of competency that being a mom has not yet afforded me.
- The one thing that working part-time has not taken away from me is my reading time. Yes, I know it’s because I am making it a priority and I really am. I am beginning to make a habit of reading 15 minutes when I wake up as well as an additional 15-30 minutes before I go to bed. This is in addition to whatever I can squeeze in during the day. I have read 14 of my goal for 36 books this year and I am 6 books ahead of schedule. Check out my latest books vanquished here. This is very important to me because I know that the last two months of the year are going to be very difficult for me to read too much of anything and so the further I can get ahead the more relaxing my end-of-the-year will be. I know I am using words like vanquished and not relaxing but I do really enjoy reading and it does keep me sane.
- What has slowed down for me this month, in proportion to last month, is my half-marathon training and I am petrified at the thought that I will not be as prepared as I wanted to be for it next month. However, while running my 8 mile and 10 mile training runs, I have come to the realization that I don’t LIKE or ENJOY running for two hours straight or longer. The runs were cutting into valuable time with my family (and, ok, reading), and not something that was worth it in the long run for me at this stage in my life. While this realization is a little sad for me, it is nice to realize that I really enjoy the shorter distances (5K and 10K) and while I plan on completing the half marathon next month, through much pain, I am going to refocus my running on becoming faster, not running longer distances. At least for now.
- Proud to say that I have stayed out of season long “rabbit holes.” Don’t have as much time as I use to. LOL!
- Featured my second Enjoy Life Guest Post on the blog. Paula from The Geeky Shopaholic was kind enough to give us 5 Ways to Make Life More Enjoyable, something to check out if life could be more enjoyable for you.:)
- Posted my second Enjoy Life Interview. I really like doing these! Read the first one with Love Notes creator, Jennifer Belthoff. By the way, Love Notes is starting up again on April 3. One of my favorite things to do; I rave here. If you’re interested in participating, sign up. Goal is to have a sender from all 50 states and we’re still missing Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota.
- It’s Spring! The cold is leaving. Yay! I absolutely LOVE the beautiful pastel colors of the trees, especially the purple ones. So pretty.
Not much this month! What did you do? Tell me!