Once again, I am pleased to be linking up with Leigh Kramer and her monthly What I’m Into post. This month has been very busy for me and I have been leaning heavily on my sanity savers! You can also check out some of the other things that I incorporated into my December here.
- Dylan’s World: Yes, this is appearing for a second What I’m Into post. Buddy Man really loves this. Each episode is 2 to 3 minutes long. A new episode is available once a week and now there are enough episodes to last 30 minutes if I run each episode back-to-back. Thirty minutes of uninterrupted time to cook, clean, whatever. Sanity Saver!
- In early December, I had the privilege of co-hosting a Beachbody 21-Day Challenge with Randi Burke of Team Burke Fitness. I LOVE these Challenges. In them, we’re encouraged to eat clean, exercise daily, and stay hydrated. Individuals participate from all over the country and meet-up on Facebook. With my Obliger Tendency, described in Gretchen Rubin’s Better Than Before, groups (aka external motivation) keep me focused way more than if I was out there trying to make these changes by myself. Much gratitude to all the members of this group!
- I LOVE my Fitbit Flex – a wireless activity + sleep wristband! I love it because it keeps track of my steps as well as a pretty accurate description of my sleep patterns throughout the night. You can also record your water intake as well. This month, I have tried to get my goal of 10,000 steps a day and have been pretty successful. Reason? Fitbit allows you to have friends and participate in Challenges: Goal Day, Workweek Hustle, Weekend Warrior, etc. Many thanks to Joy, Nicole, and my mom for setting up and keeping these Challenges going. It has kept us all moving during the Holidays!
- I cut my my shoulder-length hair! Cutting my hair has reduced my styling time by two-thirds! Definitely a sanity saver!
- While I love the Holidays, it is easy to get caught up in the busyness-all the stuff that we have to do. I am very happy to have kept it simple this year: a quiet Christmas with my family.
- And finally, as you read this, I’m headed to my vacation on the beach! For me, the beach is one of the few places where I can shut-off my mind completely and absolutely the best way to bring in the New Year!