Per usual, I’m linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy to discuss what we have been reading last month.
- This Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide by Geneen Roth. Yep! Still going. It seems like I get more and more from it. Amazing, isn’t it?
- The Life-Changing Habit of Tidying Up and Spark Joy by Marie Kondo. I’m rereading these because I am working on my intention to “create home” in our first ever Enjoy Life Project. I have finished clothes (which I invite you to check out) and books (post coming soon).
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I love books about books and that’s what this is with a lot of mystery thriller thrown in, which is not my typical genre. It was recommended in Anne’s post, 20 Books About Books and Bookstores. I thought I had read a good number of them; turns out, I have only read three or four. The mystery part has got me a bit and even though the writing is excellent, this one is feeling like a bit of a slog.
- Draft No. 4: On the Writing Process by John McPhee. I was on the fence about whether I would finish this one. It looks like I haven’t yet.
- Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson. So, last month I stated that this one didn’t grip me like her most recent novel, Almost Sisters. I spoke too soon. It was excellent. I did NOT see the twist coming. I have been thinking about it a lot recently. Liked it very much.
- The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Dream Wardrobe by Anuschka Rees. I have been working my way through this book for over a year. Meaning that I have been completing her recommended exercises, compiling a style mood board on Pinterest, and determining Looks I Love. After cleaning out my closet using the KonMari Method, again, (shameful promotion coming up, LOL) you can read about that over here, I was able to breeze through the rest of the book. I will be referring to this one often. I like that it is different from most style books by not placing the reader in a box, like Bohemian, Chic, etc. You determine what you like and experiment to find what works for you.
On Hold/Abandoned Reading
Draft No. 4: On the Writing Process will probably be down here next month.
What have you been reading?