Today, it’s time for my annual grateful list of 2018. I have made a habit of writing down the things that I am grateful for each year – as many as I am old. I won’t share my entire list here but I want to share some of them with you to encourage you to think about what you may be grateful for also. Take some time and write them down.
- Of course, I must start with my family: the Hubby, the Buddy Man, my sister and her family, my parents, my in-laws, GG, aunts, uncles, you get the idea!
- My friends
- The Florida sun
- My Writing Peeps and Supporters: my mom (my biggest writing fan), Taralyn, Stephenie, Angela, Toya, Lucas, Eva, Ms. Harpe, Dr. Hyman, Kem, the Dream Plan Create fam,…
- Books, books, and more books
- Playing Dominos with my brother-in-law
- Tuesday Morning Play Dates for the Buddy Man and me. Mostly for me.
- Clean sheets
- Lower blood pressure measurements
- Barnes & Noble, Bridgstreet, Huntsville
- GG’s 80th Birthday Surprise
- #write31days: This Bookman: Meditations & Miscellany. I didn’t think that I could write for 31 days straight on the blog but I did it!
- My home
- The 15th Annual Liz Hurley Ribbon Run. I am so glad that I didn’t skip it this year
- Dental cleanings
- Katie & Travis
- Jigsaw puzzles
- The whispers of my soul, “the voice of God”
- Sister, Sister phone calls
- Trips to Daytona Beach, Miami, and Las Vegas
- The power of a story
- Meeting Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Anne Bogel, in person!!!
- Rocket City Mom Book Club
- Time and space to breathe
I’m grateful for this creative journey – writing through the fear. I’m grateful for the lessons that I have learned and the progress toward living the life that I feel called to live this year. I am grateful for all of you, my readers. And I leave you with my favorite quote for this time of year.
Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.” -Dennis Prager