Ah, February! The month of love. There’s Valentine’s Day on the 14th and my husband and I celebrated our 12th year wedding anniversary this week. But oh, February, the month of cold and wet and rain.
So, what’s keeping me sane this month?
- We have had a week of some very warm weather and sundrenched days – close to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes me nervous for what spring and summer are going to be but I have so enjoyed the warmer weather.
- The dogwood trees have started to bloom and their lacy white fingers peeking through the sea of brown and teeny bits of light green are gorgeous. Once again, afraid that they are a bit early but enjoying them anyway.
- I have recently started writing again. In fact, I am taking a Creative Writing course at my alma mater and it really has been a life-changing experience for me.
- Speaking of writing creatively, the next thing that is keeping me sane this month is poetry. I didn’t think I liked poetry but due to my Creative Writing class, I am realizing that I really do like it and more even more interesting is that fact that I enjoy writing it. It is fun to try to express emotions and feelings into this art form and I have found it to be a very healing and restorative process.
- Sims 4 – I LOVE this game. I have loved this game since its first iteration, The Sims” came out almost 18 years ago. It is only until just recently that I have allowed myself the pleasure of playing it again and it has been wonderful.
- And of course, it couldn’t be the month of love without my mentioning my Hubby. He’s my rock. He’s my anchor. I couldn’t do this life anywhere close to well without him.
As usual, I am linking up with Leigh Kramer’s What I’m Into. There are a lot of people enjoying life over there. Worth checking out.