April was the month of Taylor Jenkins Reid. I had read one of her earlier works, Maybe In Another Life in March of 2017.
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This was a Reese Witherspoon x Hello Sunshine Book Club Pick and I was determined to read this while everyone else was reading it. I often feel left out of conversations because I seem to read something after everyone else has read it. I plan on doing a full review of it in the near future. I will say that Daisy Jones was so interestingly written, the story is told as an oral history, that I wanted to read everything Taylor Jenkins Reid has ever written. So I did. I read everything on her backlist that was available at my local library.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I stayed up half the night three times to read “just one more page”.
- One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This complicated story about what could happen if your husband, who is also the love of your life, goes missing and is presumed dead, only to reappear after you have moved on and have a fiance’. Definitely, another page-turner.
- I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott. My full review will be out later, but I must say that there were parts that brought me to tears.
- The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters by Balli Kaur Jaswal. This was my pick from the three Anne Bogel recommended to me when I was a guest on her podcast What Should I Read Next, Episode 179.
- That Kind of Mother by Rumaan Alam. I am reading this because it is the next pick of the Rocket City Mom Virtual Book Club. You can check us out on Facebook here.
- The Life-Changing Habit of Tidying Up and Spark Joy by Marie Kondo. Due to two trips out of town, my Enjoylife Project: Create Home thru Konmari has been delayed. I’m rereading these according to the categories I’m dealing with at the time. I’m working on Komono now.
On Hold/Abandoned Reading
- Tell Me More by Kelly Corrigan. This one was abandoned because there were so many other interesting things I was more excited to read and it was due at the library and couldn’t be renewed. I may go back to it. I may not.
What have you been reading?
Per usual, I am linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy. I am amazed by that community. You should check it out.